My girlfriend has very fragile skin, which she dislikes.
It's translucent so her veins are visible almost everywhere, spider veins, rosacea in her cheeks and chest, and tons of allergic reactions: sun, heat, metals, etc.
- She's had severe panic attacks (years ago); has herpes and warts, bad digestion, often some palpitations, chronic sinusitis and she's ALWAYS HOT (ergo hates summer)
- I've seen in one of her labs her TSH: 1.6
- She eats everything (including lots of coke, coffee, sugar, butter, shellfish and liver -- as well as sweetener, MSG & PUFA ridden foods) but we're in the "oil change" process since i got her ghee and refined coconut oil she can cook with.
- Smokes 10-15 Marlboro cigarettes a day, and will not smoke any other brand or rolls
- No other meds than contraceptive pill (takes them for ages). Current one has drospirenona 3,00 mg; etinilestradiol 0,02 mg. Ray Peat has said drospirenone is the closest synthetic substance to natural progesterone
My understanding is she must have impaired energy production (hypoxia, free radicals, endotoxin, nitric oxide interfering -linked to rosacea, angiogenesis, vasodilation-)... but no idea what steps to take from here. We'd love her skin to look healthier.
Stop smoking would be step #1. Should we look for alternative contraception methods (wonder if drospirenone doing good or harm)?
If she becomes open to take supplements, what would be most effective in this case: anti-histamines, niacinamide, aspirin? Topical remedies?