Increased my honey intake to 250g per day.
After a few weeks I started to get headaches and felt naseaus all day.
Pretty much exactly like a hangover.
I actually had to stop eating any sugar (even from fruit sources) for a few days until it went away.
The whole "We can only process 20g of fructose per day" thing is obviously bullshit.
Seems like my liver reached it's limit at around 200-250g fructose per day though.
Anyways, I decreased the honey to around 150g a day and everything is fine again.
I might experiment with larger amounts of coffee in the future to see if that helps with metabolizing the honey more efficiently.
Ray mentions honey as a good sugar source (if it isn't allergenic) a few times.
It seems like fruit would still be the more nutritious option, but honey does have a significant amount of antioxidants, some nutrients and a strong antibacterial effect.
Traditional and Modern Uses of Natural Honey in Human Diseases:
Honey - A Novel Antidiabetic Agent:
Honey: its medicinal property and antibacterial activity:
Has anybody here used honey in large amounts on a daily basis (200g+) ?
I have been eating 150g of honey per day for the last few weeks without any problems.
I was thinking about increasing the amount to 200g-250g /day.
Any reason why this is a stupid idea?